Thursday, May 18, 2006

Spring Cleaning


After the long, cold winter it's time to take the strata of dirty wax off your sticks. Yesterday I put my two Hammers in the sun and the cold-water parafin liquified in a matter of minutes. A few paper towels later, my boards were clean enough to eat off of. This is always a good time to check for dings and cracks that may have resulted from beach break beatings taken all season. I only noticed a few new pressure dings (that have webs of spider cracks under the glass) but other than that, I think they're ready for the mellow sessions of spring and summer.

These have been my go-to surfboards for the past two years:

Blue Hammer Speed Egg: 7' x 21.2" x 2.8" (with extra tail rocker)
Green Hammer Evolution: 6'6" x 20" x 2.35" (swallow tail)

Destroyer "The Bad Arts"

9 comments:

Patch said...

What, no logs?

Chum said...

I know. I have nothing against logs, although I wish the loggers up here had a little etiquette (let other people get a few when there's only one peak working). But these yahoos have never had to surf in crowds so you can hardly blame 'em for their ignorance.

Though I've considered adding an LB to my tiny quiv, I also have become kind of obsessive about bonzers thanks to a link on Doc's blog.........

Patch said...

A big used single fin can give you some summer goodness too. Yeah, I hear you, there's some nice bonzer action going on that's peaking my interest as well.

Hey this south is filling in down here, hope you guys can get some of this.

Chum said...

We're twiddlin' our thumbs up here. Looks like a liquid pancake on the cams, but a friend said there was some action last night. Tomorrow is forecasted at 3.5 ft...

6ftnperfect said...

must

get

bumble

bee

reverb said...

...IMO you need smaller boards in your quiver...

Anonymous said...

Funny how we surfers tend to develop parallel "surf slangs" in our languages...
You use "log" for longboard, when we use "tronc" which means "trunk" in french...
Not exactly similar, but the idea is the same...

Diane said...

You are one lucky dude.

peakoilscotland said...

This will not actually have effect, I think so.